[PD] rc-unitd joystick/wiimote osc daemon

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri May 30 06:04:55 CEST 2008

Howdy fellow pd-ers,

I finally moved my robotcowboy osc device daemon to autotools.  It grabs
joystick and wiimote event data and slings it over osc.

You can find it on my website, its called rc-unitd.

It was developed for Linux and uses udev rules to automatically start
listening to joysticks when they are plugged in and you can set osc
address
names to specific joysticks (although not usb ports yet). It also has
experimental
wiimote support using libcwiid.

This is not meant as a replacement for [hid] but was developed as part
of my
wearable performance project.  You just set your rules, turn on the
daemon and
plug and play.

Let me know if it works ... there's quite a bit I'd like to do with it.
If there's enough
interest I'll go to sourceforge.

---
Dan Wilcox