[PD] pd not starting on winXP

Enrico Costanza enrico.costanza at epfl.ch
Fri May 30 15:44:18 CEST 2008

Thanks for the replies.

I tried to disable the firewall, but that did not make a difference.

I installed the latest version (0.40.3) but I still got the same:

pdtk_post {input channels = 2, output channels = 2}
set pd_whichapi 0
set pd_whichmidiapi 3
Pd version 0.40-3extended-20080530
compiled 05:58:20 May 30 2008
port 5400
Waiting for connection request...

I found this FAQ:
http://puredata.info/docs/faq
but I could not see anything related to localhost. The closest thing I
found was the loopback network interface. I tried to install that on my
windows machine, as described on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839013
but it did not change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,