[PD] HID and OS X

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Sat May 31 21:05:01 CEST 2008

Hi Hans, and list,

Is [gemmouse] currently the only option available for access to mouse
(or trackball, in my case) data via HID on OS X?  [gemmouse] works
great, but I can't get anything else to work...[mouse] (or [darwinhid],
for that matter) won't instantiate, and [hidio] sees the trackball, but
doesn't output any data from it.

I searched the archives, but I can't get a clear picture of whether this
is an OS X problem, or if I've just not configured something properly.
I'm on Pd version 0.40.3-extended-20071204 for MacIntel.

Phil Stone
www.pkstonemusic.com