[PD] netpd broken?

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 08:42:27 CEST 2008

Yo,
I can confirm it with a day-or-two-old Pd-Extended autobuild.

I did some playing with this, and if you cut and paste the [pd
1-subsub] object it will start receiving messages like normal.  So, it
seems that dynamically created subpatches don't get a receiver...

A possible workaround for this would be to do a dynamic-cut-and-paste
as described in the pd-msg reference, to possibly force a proper
creation, but that is a pretty massive hack (and I didn't try it).

Also, the use of dynamically created subpatches as a way around the
no-dynamic-delete issue is great, I hadn't thought of it.  Too bad it
is broken : (.  As a member of the Church of Dynamic Patching I think
it should be added to the reference as an Offical Technique.

Cheers
Luke