[PD] strange message at startup

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:16:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

On a Windows machine, whenever I start PD Vanilla 0.41.2, I get the
following message on the pd console at startup:

"Separate audio device choices not supported; using sequential devices".

However, this is nonsense because I am using ONE input and ONE output
device, with 2 channels each.

Any idea why this may be happening? and why not on another windows
machine with the same soundcard??
I am using standard, not ASIO.

This is supposed to happen when you click  "use multiple devices" and
select separate audio devices.
However, it used to happen even by selecting just one device and
configuring 4 channels (it gave this message and then worked fine
using adjacent devices), which is not correct either (why tell me
separate devices are not supported if I have not selected separate
devices?).
Anyway, when using only one input / one output with two channels the
message is nonsense.

Also, when I open PD and I open the "media" menu , neither "standard"
nor "ASIO" is checked - I know which one it is using because if I open
"audio settings" the content is different. If I manually change to
standard or asio, then it appears checked; however the one being used
should be visible from the beginning.

By the way, where are audio settings being saved?? (tried to search
the archives for this one but the keywords are confusing)

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com