[PD] testing help patches Re: [PD-announce] Gem-0.91.0 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jun 2 14:35:59 CEST 2008

On Jun 2, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 02/06/2008, at 9.48, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> finally i have decided to release Gem-0.91 codename 'tigital'.
>
> Cool, thanks.
>
> I just made (with bash+) a pd-patch that instantiate all the object-
> classes that have a help-patch in the Gem folder. It's attached in
> case others might find it useful for testing or just for the
> overview or something else.

Looks useful.  That reminds me of my small effort along these lines:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/scripts/
load_every_help.sh
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/scripts/
load_every_object.sh

I like to set these up to run every night, but I don't think I can
handle the extra load of fixing the broken help files in finds on top
what I am already trying to manage.  So I want to know if anyone is
interested in following up on whenever this script finds a missing
help file.  Basically, it would entail just checking why it failed.
It could be a help file that causes a crash or a missing helpfile.
In the case of a missing help file, for example, it would just be a
matter of making a helpfile and submitting it to the patch tracker
(or committing it if you have commit access).

.hc