[PD] [PD-announce] Gem-0.91.0 released
IOhannes m zmoelnig
zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 2 15:38:04 CEST 2008
Steffen Juul wrote:
> error: [textextruded]: cannot find font-file '/path/to/
> error: [textoutline]: cannot find font-file '/path/to/gem_obj_list.pd/
> ... couldn't create
> As it's show in the output this is on Mac OS. X.4.11 intel version.
> Pd-0.41-4. Gem is loaded with "-path /path/to/Gem" and "-lib Gem".
there are several different reasons why some objects cannot create:
- abstractions cannot be found (most of your "couldn't create" are of
Gem uses a number of abstractions which (should) live in
/path/to/Gem/ (e.g. extra/Gem/; the Gem-binary is _besides_ these
abstractions, e.g. extra/Gem/Gem.d_fat)
are you sure that this is the path you added (e.g. is there a
hsv2rgb.pd in this path?)
- help-files do not match the objects; e.g. pix_videoDS-help.pd is
really a help-file for [pix_video] on w32 (which is a bit different from
the ordinary [pix_video])
- some objects simply do not exist on every platform, e.g.
[pix_indycam]; there will come the time when these are gone
- some objects do need a creation-argument e.g. [pix_freeframe] (and no,
i will not instantiate dummy objects, this should be handled by Pd)
- some objects try to read additional files to be found in the Pd
searchpath (e.g. [text]-objects require a font (vera.ttf);
[pix_fiducialtrack] requires a fiducial descriptor file)
so all in all i am quite happy with your output :-)
you did install the universal binary package from gem.iem.at, did you?
More information about the Pd-list