[PD] declare who? what?

Enrique Erne enrique at netpd.org
Mon Jun 2 19:21:53 CEST 2008

hi

my original subject was "pd-extended: <~ and matrix" but now i got
confused so i renamed it. the newest pd-extended can't create [<~] nor
[matrix] on default.

[<~] on the 20080523 could create (with an expr~ couldn't create error)
now the [<~] can't create anymore. should i file a new bug report for
hexloader or is it covered by
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1637460&group_id=55736&atid=478070

matrix:
so far netpd provides a [declare -stdlib iemmatrix] and a
[declare -stdpath ../extra/iemmatrix] for pd-extended, but this seems to
not work anymore. it is working with pd-ext-20080516 and _not_ working
with 20080523. [matrix] creates when i first do a [iemmatrix/matrix] and
then load my patches.

i also checked the matrix-help bugreport
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1965876&group_id=55736
eighthave says:
"I added '#X declare -lib iemmatrix' to the help files, so this should
work now. Please test tomorrow."

i checked it today and the help files is really working. the declare
help file says:
-lib load a library, relative to the patch
maybe i must have missunderstand but the patch in this case would be
netpd's _chat.pd wouldn't it?

relative to _chat.pd on my system would be something like:
../../../Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra
or similar. why is -lib iemmatrix working?

is the declare-help file wrong?

also i am a bit disappointed that one can not write abstractions, that
declares what it depends on. but probably that has some technical reason.

thanks eni

Pd-0.40.3-extended-20080602-macosx105-i386

  matrix
... couldn't create

load_object: Symbol "0x3c0x7e_setup" not found
error: BUG: no pd_objectmaker found
  <~
... couldn't create
load_object: Symbol "0x3c0x7e_setup" not found
error: BUG: no pd_objectmaker found
  zexy/<~
... couldn't create