[PD] [Pd]: TR909 emulation

raul diaz raul.lete at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:58:43 CEST 2008

Hi Alberto!

2008/6/4 alberto.zin at poste.it <alberto.zin at poste.it>:

> Hi Raul,
>
> very, very interesting application,
> a nice example of communication between processing and
> Pd worlds. I think I'll learn a lot from your patch
> about Pd<->Processing communication
> (and processing programming too), so
> first of all thanks for sharing it!

Thanks a lot!

> I've few questions/comments:
>
> 1) GUI is too large for my poor 15 inches monitor :-(

I'm sorry about that. Somebody has tell me the same problem. I will make
another smaller GUI version. Thanks for the feedback!

> 2) How did you exported the processing interface
> in a single executable?

Processing allows to export your code as a java applet for web or as an
executable application...it's easy!

> 3) The strategy of providing a full Pd Vanilla distribution
> (plus the necessary libraries - OSC,..) plus an
> embedded processing executable (and jar clesses)
> is interesting. Also interesting hiding the Pd with -nogui
> option, the feeling is exactly to have a standalone
> instrument...

I find Pd a great tool for this kind of small standalone application like
that.
I would like to know alternative usages of Pd in this way from other Pd
users and in other OS (mac, linux)....Anybody has something to tell?

Saludos!

--
Raul Diaz Poblete

raul.lete at gmail.com