[PD] Non-transposing delay

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 23:36:02 CEST 2008

And conversely, a delay buffer with a ordinary movable read point
(which is what I guess  you really want in this case) will always
cause a click since there's no reason why jumps between arbitrary
samples will be smooth. Of course there will be no trasposition
since the read location changes instead of the rate.

Transposition may be desirable, but clicks rarely are. As it
stands you can either have smoothness with transposition, or
no transposition and clicks.

It seems reasonable that if the position changes infrequently
one could make a vari-delay to crossfade between two buffers,
which would then be an overlapped timestretch process.

For short (time period) effects there are several variations
on this general idea of crossfading between parallel but
slightly offset static delay buffers. It depends on what effect
you want to achieve.

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:52:16 -0700 (PDT)
Andres Ferrari <anfex at yahoo.com> wrote:

> always a variable celay will cause a transposition, but this depends on  time that happens the variation and the delta between a time of dely and the other.
>
> while the time of variation is longer and the delta is shorter the transposition during this period will be smaller. (read about doppler effect)
>
> Andrés Ferrari G.
>
> http://puredata.org/Members/anfex
>
> http://www.myspace.com/anfex
>
> http://www.youtube.com/anfex1