[PD] Camera into linux Linux

Alexandre Castonguay acastonguay at artengine.ca
Fri Jun 6 04:42:46 CEST 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 15:22:03 Ctrl Alt Back wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 08:59:59PM +0200, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> > thank you, sincerely
> >
> > I got one but this does not work, can't get any picture. gem and PDP find
> > it but dispkay no picture. and i willing to spent some money, in order to
> > get it work
>
> you have any further details ? like :
> what card you got
> what you are trying with it ?
> driver loaded ?
> try to run tvtime first on your card, go to menu > input configuration,
> select source composite 1, if it works, will work on Pd as well.

Good advice, these cards are susceptible to electrostatic shock (I have lost a
couple over the years). I have had success with xawtv to test if video input
worked.

You could also try with gridflow.  Do 'lsmod' and see if you have the 'bttv'
driver loaded. You should also have a device /dev/video0 and make sure you
have the permissions ok... Try the irc channel if you want live
troubleshooting help (irc.freenode.net, channel #dataflow).

Cheers,

Alexandre