[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc1 released

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:32:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:29 AM, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I notice that pd is much slower now to open up patches with gops, using
> cpu at 100% sometimes for 1/2 a minute. is that normal?
> after loaded, the patches run as normal. this happens since the
> colorscheme option in hcs/sys-gui was introduced (I updated after that)
> I think it's related with the number of gops in the patch. I have a kind
> of small 4-voice seq utility with several gops on top of each other, and
> on xp it takes almost a minute (takes less in ubuntu)

Ha, a minute is nothing : ).  I just decided to time the opening of my
performance/composition suite (made up of 16 drum modules and a
sequencer) and it took...

/fourteen minutes/ and 22 seconds.

Is anyone versed enough in Pd's loading sequence to explain how it can
run the patch (mostly) flawlessly but take a quarter of an hour to
open it? (on a 2.8g mac pro)

I'll try it with vanilla sometime when I get the energy to collect the
many externals I use.

Cheers
Luke