[PD] OSX Intel: status of M-Audio / MOTU multichannel in/out support?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jun 5 12:07:30 CEST 2008

On Jun 3, 2008, at 6:25 PM, marius schebella wrote:

> Damian Stewart wrote:
>> marius schebella wrote:
>>> I think m-audio had driver issues with 10.5 for a long time. but
>>> since
>>> 1-2 weeks they seem to be solved (but I have not tested)
>>> http://www.m-audio.com/news/en_us-1267.html
>>> marius.
>>
>> but m-audio cards generally work all right with 10.4 + Pd?
>> multichannel?
>
> sorry, I don't have an m-audio card, I only followed some
> discussions on
> the max list.
> I would say, if m-audio works for other apps, then it also works
> for pd
> and pd does support multichannel, so should not be a problem..
> marius.

I just setup a sound installation using Pd-extended 0.40.3-20080603
running on Mac OS X 10.5.2/Intel using a MOTU multichannel card.  We
used the drivers on the included CD and it 'just worked'.  I didn't
really try for low latency tho, I set Pd's buffers to 20ms.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne