[PD] Avoiding clips

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 19:17:14 CEST 2008

Hi Lau,

I guess you're building a beat concatenator so you have no
room for introducing timing offsets.

First, termminology - let's not call these "clips", I think
discontinuities is a better word.

Your first solution is similar to what is being discussed in another
thread on dynamic delays - Millers "rendezvous" algorithm where
the two segments are spliced via a DC offset introduced by a ramp.

The second one really amounts to crossfading or short window
average filter. Further, how can you
be sure your detector won't have a false positive from a fast
signal slew  rate?

If my assumption is right then for simplicity I suggest
revising your constraints. A 64 sample crossfade will introduce
negligable timing problems.

--
Use the source