[PD] Grokking [declare]

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 06:15:37 CEST 2008

Hello all,
I have been following the development of [declare], but sadly every time I
have tried to use it, it doesn't appear to work as the help file says it
should.

I have tried it several different ways:

1. [declare -stdpath extra/zexy]
2. [prime] <-- from zexy

the [prime] object doesn't get created...

version 2:

1. [declare -stdpath zexy]
2. [prime]

still no joy...

I also tried the same thing, only using -stdlib, but that doesn't seem to
load anything either.

Next I tried to do something relative to a project folder in my home
directory. Inside there, I created a subfolder named 'more' (as in the help
file), and in that I have a file 'abstract.pd'. I made a patch in the root
of the project, and used this

1. [declare -path more]
2. [abstract]

the [abstract] object doesn't get created.

I am running Mac OS 10.4.11, running on PPC hardware. I used the latest
version of PD Extended (the 0.40.3-extended-20080603). I also tried these
same things with Vanilla PD 41.4, and got the same results.

Is there some test patch out there that I could use to test these things?

Thanks,

Mike

--
Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.