[PD] find last error within gop-enabled objects

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:47:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I already filed a bug report (1965272) about this, but now I was
wondering whether there is some sort of workaround...

When you get an error of the kind "Inlet: expected foo but got bar" and you
do a "find last error" (and the error is trackable), usually PD opens the
innermost window containing the object whose inlet caused the error, and
selects the object so that its border is highlighted in blue.

However, if the object whose inlet caused the error is contained in
[an object contained in [an object contained in [...]]] a gop-enabled
abstraction or subpatch, PD only shows the outer-most gop-enabled
abstraction/subpatch containing the [object containing the [...]]
error, instead of opening the inner-most window.

Furthermore, because of bug 1965261, the outermost object's border is
not even highlighted so only PD knows it is selected.

So PD is actually tracking the error but not giving me any clue about
where the heck it is.....

Has anyone found himself in this situation? What do you usually do to
quickly track down the error?

I'm sure it's the kind of trivial error that I would fix easily If
only I knew where it is....

Thanks
m.

--