[PD] no help file for Gem objects

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 9 17:09:23 CEST 2008

manecante wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc1on Windows XP SP2 and I can't open
> help file for Gem objects when I right click.Here is the error:
> sorry, couldn't find help patch for "gemhead.pd"
> I' ve tried to put the help files in extra/Gem but it doesn't work neither.

afair, pd-extended will put the Gem-binary (Gem.dll) into extra/
whereas it really should go into extra/Gem/
if the Gem.dll is besides the gemhead-help.pd it should correctly find
the help-patch for [gemhead].

alternatively you could try to install Gem manually (there is a nice
installer for w32 on http://gem.iem.at) which will put the help-patches
and binaries in the correct place.

fgmasdr
IOhannes