[PD] Spore [was: TR909 emulation]

Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net
Mon Jun 9 20:55:58 CEST 2008

On Monday 09 June 2008 06:23:04 Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
> Maybe EA had better hire a genuine pro from the pd-list (wink wink).
>
> I hope that this thread takes off, since I'm curious what others think on
> the topic. Spore could be the PR break that Pd has been waiting for!

One thing to note though is that they confessed having only used Pd to trigger
midi events and play samples. There is no "actual sound synthesis" done by pd
in Spore, only notes and messages generation. This was mostly for efficiency
reasons, and because sound processing had to use only a predictable amount of
cpu ressources. It is likely that any other game will have similar
limitations.