[PD] Audio block manipulation strategies

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 11 08:44:20 CEST 2008

PSPunch wrote:
> IOhannes,
>

> Thank you.
>
> I tried what you have suggested with the only existing object I could
> think of which was [switch~ (N) 1 0.5].

well, this will actually do downsampling (sample reduction), whereas you
want upsampling (sample extrapolation): [block~ 128 1 2]

of course this depends on where (inside a resampled patch or outside a
patch) you put the signal source and where (outside or inside) you want
to access the resampled data.

> Yes, the out put shown on [tabwrite~] is zero-padded but only as long as
> the signal remains inside of the sub patch.

well ain't this sweet?

of course the main idea is to work within the resampled domain.
if for whatever reasons you don't want to do so, you have to somehow
"send" the signal from the resampled subpatch to the original patch.
as [send~] will refuse to work, you might want to try other global
memory sharing structures for signal (hint, hint)

> Can you please tell me if there was a specific procedure you had in mind?

like the attached? (too little time to ascii art)

fgm,asdr
IOhannes