[PD] pdp_ieee1394 ... couldn't create

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jun 14 20:55:10 CEST 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 12:36 AM, ydegoyon wrote:

> ola,
>>
>> only result i found to this was your answer :
>> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-06/029137.html
>> which - despite being a bit cryptic sounded negatively. Still, it is
>> from 2005, so i was hoping that something happenned with firewire
>> since
>> then.
>>
> there are two new pdp modules for cameras
> that have been committed 5 days ago or so :
> pdp_v4l2 and pdp_ieee1394 ( in pidip ),
> and you've been waiting 3 years
> and just look for them now!
> in fact, i believe in the surnatural!
> but just ask hans the right version,
> i can't tell.

The 0.42 builds should have it included.  Those are the builds from
trunk of SVN.  You could take the pidip.pd_linux and use it with
another Pd-extended version if you want.

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White