[PD] Abstractions search path hirarchy (was: pduino-arduino trouble)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 15 16:56:29 CEST 2008

rethinking this again, i came to the conclusion:

the actual behaviour shouldn't be changed. afaik, it is not possible to
shadow classes of pd or from binary libraries. changing actual behaviour
would lead to many incosistencies, where sometimes an local abstraction
would shadow library classes and sometimes not. internal classes
couldn't be shadowed anyway. it would make the pd-world definitely more
troublesome. unless it is possible to shadow EVERYTHING (classes from
binary libraries and internals), this shouldn't be changed, IMO.

i am much more in favor of consistencies in the wrong way than
inconsistencies in the right way.

roman