[PD] ~/pd or ~/.pd for user's externals directory

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:36:26 CEST 2008

An "official" folder would be ok. But it should be possible to reassign
this variable if necessary. In my case I have the work folder /jmmmp-ext
in the extras folder (where is also a jmmmp folder from pd). That allows
me to get to my work much faster than having something on my system user
folder.
When I update pd, it always overwrites everything but this folder,
evidently.

João

> With this release of Pd-extended, all platforms have default
> locations for user-installed externals, helpfiles, etc.  I just had a
> thought, perhaps ~/.pd would be a better directory than ~/pd.  Any
> thoughts on that?
>
> Here's how it is now:
>
>   GNU/Linux:  /usr/share/pd and ~/pd
>   Mac OS X: /Library/Pd and ~/Library/Pd
>   Windows: %ProgramFiles%/Common Files/Pd and %UserProfile%/
> Application Data/Pd
>
> .hc

Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin