[PD] /usr/share/pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 17 12:00:38 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Jun 17, 2008, at 8:36 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

> In Debian, and probably other distros, /usr/lib is not for user-
> modified/user-added files, that's the problem with /usr/lib/pd.  So
> if we are going to follow the /usr/share policy, then we should
> follow related policies as well.

this is what i am trying to say.

/usr/lib is NOT for user-modified/user-added files
AND
/usr/share is NOT for user-modified/user-added files

no-one (but the package-maintainers), esp. not a "user", must but
anything into /usr (with the noteable exception of /usr/local)

> Then if it uses /usr/local/lib/pd, that would conflict with user-
> installed Pd versions.

so how about /usr/local/lib/pd-extended ? (see the other email)

mfg.asd
IOhannes