[PD] ~/pd or ~/.pd for user's externals directory

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jun 17 16:47:55 CEST 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Steffen Juul wrote:

> Since this is about user installed externals, why not let each user
> choose what colour they want their bike shed?

For the same reason that "/usr/share" has a clearly defined purpose.
I am not going to prevent people from doing whatever they want, but
it helps a lot to have one clearly defined standard way of doing it.

I think I am going to go with /usr/local/lib/pd-externals and ~/pd-
externals.  Then people can also map their vanilla, desiredata,
whatever installs to use this location as a common place to install
externals, if they so desire.

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf