[PD] ~/pd or ~/.pd for user's externals directory

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jun 18 08:31:00 CEST 2008

Hallo,

> On Jun 17, 2008, at 6:05 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> >Hallo,
> >Hans-Christoph Steiner hat gesagt: // Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> >>I think I am going to go with /usr/local/lib/pd-externals and ~/pd-
> >>externals.
> >
> >What about abstractions?
>
> True... got any suggestions for a better name? "externals" is such a
> vague term anyway.  This folder is intended for any kind of
> objectclass, binary or ASCII, as well as helpfiles.

Am I understanding it correctly, that these are just a paths
pd-extended will include to the defaults in its settings? Then I'd use
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra and for home maybe ~/pd/extra or just ~/pd.

The home path isn't important anyway as every user probably has her
own file layout for home. And I don't think that every home should be
standardized, I like it if all my friends' homes look different.

Ciao