[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc1 released

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Jun 19 04:29:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 05:57:03PM +0200, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2008, at 4:32 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> >>These days, I think we should try to make it easy to install and
> >>manage external libraries.
> >
> >I don't know what you mean by that.
>
> I mean not including everything in one big package, but instead make
> it easy to package, distribute, and install libraries for Pd.

Hi Hans,

So does this mean that users in future will download a 'core' Pd
(extended) and then separately download and install the different sets
of externals that they want to work with, instead of downloading one big
monolithic package? I like that because it fits well with the Debian
philosophy.

Chris.