[PD] DMX oriented library for PD?

Chris lists at proquariat.de
Thu Jun 19 15:02:00 CEST 2008

Hi Vincent,

24 channels shouldn't be a problem with any device available. At 24
channels you should get refresh-rates of max. 868 Hz. Even half of it is
still good.
uDMX is really cheap if built yourself. Both devices are buffered. For
both Pd-externals do exist, too. But I don't really know about their
performance, but uDMX seemed a bit faster to me, the Enttec-one had all
that terminal-emulaion-overhead of the ftdi-chip, but I'm working on a
libusb-version of it. I didn't really tested and I don't own an
Enttec-device so I can't test.

But at 24 channels it really shouldn't matter. If you don't want to
spend much money, build a uDMX-device (less than 10€, maybe less than
5€). Just don't (!) buy yourself the enttec-open-dmx-device, it's not
worth it.

-Chris