[PD] Spotlight Importer for OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 20 14:15:00 CEST 2008

On Jun 20, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Luke Iannini wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> Does this work at all on 10.4/Tiger?
>>
> Yes, it's configured by default to work with both 10.4 and 10.5.

Any idea whether it would cause problems on 10.3?  That's not a make-
or-break thing, but it would be nice if it could still work on 10.3.
As for including the Info.plist changes in v0-40, it would need to be
throughly tested before including it.  Currently, there are only a
couple outstanding bugs that need to be fixed for this release
(AFAIK), so I am really hesitant to include something totally new.

>> As for building it, how do you build it yourself?  That's usually a
>> good starting point for adding it to the auto-build.  If it is an
>> xcode project, you can use the command line tool xcodebuild.
>>
> Yo,
> I just built in with the build button : ).  I like buttons...
> So yea, I have the project.  Looks like it builds aok with xcodebuild,
> thanks for the tip.  Where should I put the project folder?

Good question. The first place I thought of is packages/darwin_app
since it is only for things related to the Pd.app for Mac OS X.  Maybe:

packages/darwin_app/spotlight_importer

Then it probalby makes sense to make a separate 'spotlight_importer:'
target in packages/darwin_app/Makefile to build and install it.

.hc