[PD] pyext compilation

Vincent Rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Fri Jun 20 14:14:51 CEST 2008

hi Thomas,
> The problem is that the change from CVS to SVN broke the scripts which did the syncing from my local SVN to the PD repository. I think i already fixed this problem, but it might only have been in the CVS.

that was it.
> Currently I have no time/interest to fix the sync scripts, but i made parts of my SVN available... this should probably be mirrored (using svn:externals properties) to the PD SVN.

well, i am not sure about that - i tried to compile flext and py from

svn co  https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals

without chance.

> Please try if those versions work better... they are always cutting edge experimental stuff.

yes, this seems to work! it compiles and load at least.
Thanks a lot!

(i just noticed that you can't compile pyext without py_num or py_array
support, but this really is a minor issue).

> https://svn.grrrr.org/ext/trunk/flext/
>
> https://svn.grrrr.org/ext/trunk/py/
>
> my other externals/projects have respective addresses
>

>> Thomas, is it something that requires a lot of work to mend? Could we
>> find an arrangement so that you could work on it?
>
> I think the above should solve your problems.
>
> In general i have great difficulties finding time to work on things that i don't need for my own projects.
>
> If someone needs something very urgently for artistic work i often can motivate myself to help out, on the other hand, as long as even members of organizations with enormous facilities using my stuff don't feel the obligation to donate a few bucks to my paypal account i'd rather save my time.

Sounds really fair.
best regards,
Vincent