[PD] still the long load time - pd ext

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 22 17:59:46 CEST 2008

There is a bug in the prefs loading of Pd in general where it'll peg
the CPU while loading for a bit unless you specify npath and
nloadlib.  Perhaps it is related to that?

Right now would be a good time to download and try a nightly build.
AFAIK, there aren't any outstanding bugs.  I just installed today's
build and ran it in Windows XP in an emulator (Parallels) on top of
Mac OS X, and it started up almost instantly.

.hc