[PD] sssad and polywavesynth

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jun 22 23:20:43 CEST 2008

I'm sorry to be replying so late to this, but I was away for a week.

The first argument to [polywavesynth] is a tag which is prepended to all
sssad-saved settings for that instance.  For example,

An instance created with [polywavesynth wav1 32 1] will, when sssad-save
is called, save a list something like:

wav1/detune 0;
wav1/panPortamento 1700;
wav1/panMode 0;
wav1/panPosition 0.5;
wav1/ratioMod 1;
wav1/filtEnvExp 1;
wav1/filtRelease 1539.15;
wav1/filtSustain 30.7692;
wav1/filtDecay 1026.44;
wav1/filtAttack 11.2544;
wav1/envExp 1;
wav1/gain 0.24048;
wav1/cWaveType 0;
wav1/mWaveType 0;
wav1/release 385.538;
wav1/sustain 71.7949;
wav1/decay 2820.95;
wav1/attack 8.69077;
wav1/modAmpl 0;
wav1/modFreq 0;
wav1/filtQ 0;
wav1/filtFreq 4441.8;

Correspondingly, [polywavesynth wav2 32 1] will save a list with "wav2/"
prepended to all label/value pairs. This is mentioned in
[polywavesynth-help], and the doc page here:

http://www.pkstonemusic.com/polyWaveSynth.html

but it's probably not as clear as it could be.  I almost always use
[polywavesynth] just as you describe, with multiple synth instances,
persisted by sssad.

By the way, please don't use Luigi's patch, anybody... it breaks this!
I'm really glad you're getting good use out of [polywavesynth], Luigi.

Phil Stone
www.pkstonemusic.com