[PD] better tabread4~

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 23 14:17:36 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 06:52 +0100, Andy Farnell wrote:

> Yes that'right, hmm I guess I knew that but said it in a woolly way
>
> Amend that to
>
> [tabread~] - "play back at exactly" the original rate
> [tabread4~] - "play back at close to the orginal rate"
> [tabread4c~] - "play back with wider transposition"

i don't see any justification to keep [tabread4~] in this list. cyrille
once mentioned that his new class isn't computationally more expensive.
if there is a difference between [tabread4~] and [tabread4c~], then it
is, that [tabread4c~] is _better_ than [tabread4~] (according to some
the only good reason to keep [tabread4~] in pd is to keep backwards
compatibility with patches that exploit [tabread4~]'s wierd behaviour,
imo.

roman