[PD] better tabread4~

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 24 11:36:21 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> "tabread4~" isn't such a great name that it should be used for the
> new one.

hmm, from my elitist point of view, [tabread4~] tells me something about
how this object works (its reading a table using 4 point interpolation)
rather than [tabread_tweak~] which tells me exactly nothing apart from
being a modified version of [tabread~] which might do what i want or not.

certainly the exact meaning of the elements "tab" "read" "4" and "~" is
something you have to get used to or learn by heart. but at least they
make sense, once you know them.

this might be the reason why i prefer [lop~] over [cool_filter~] and Pd
over reactor.

fgmasdr
IOhannes