[PD] getting started with webcam/pdp

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:49:02 CEST 2008

Husk 00 wrote:

> Probally you have a webcam that use video4linux2 protocol, so you have
> to use pdp_v4l2.

Ok. My device indeed seems to be a version 2 camera, since this shows up
in dmesg after inserting the camera:

[ 4305.015145] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
[ 4305.080752] pwc: Philips webcam module version 10.0.13 loaded.

Sorry for asking, but before I break my whole pd install:

I installed pd-extended, which means I cannot uninstall pdp by itself,
right? Is it possible to simply compile (and maybe not install) the
patched pdp and somehow set pd up to use this instead, while having the
original pdp still there, and if so how?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen