[PD] worldwide weather forecast into PD

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:59:51 CEST 2008

hi

anyone knows of an online worldwide forecast service? I am developing
some python scripts with Pyext external that retrieve different type of
data from the net into PD.

At the moment i have been using yahoo weather, this is quite handy
because they have RSS feed that can be easily manipulated from python
and returned into PD.

Currently i have scripts that tell me the external IP of my computer and
  another one that uses the IP to retrieve geolocation data (lat, long,
nearby city, country ), using this i think i should be able to ask yahoo
for weather data of an specific city and country and from there access
the RSS.

However I think there are some copyright issues with yahoo weather. I
read a notice in the HTML source of yahoo weather saying that this data
is not to be used without permission
" ...You are prohibited from using or repurposing this data in any way
without express written consent from Yahoo! ..."

I guess i could pretend i did not see the notice but maybe there is some
worldwide forecast service that would allow me to use the data?

thanks

enrike