[PD] more eee trouble (on xandros)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 27 21:43:21 CEST 2008

The error messages in the Pd window will tell you which libraries are
missing.  If you have trouble finding them, post the contents of your Pd
window here.

It should have installed all the needed dependencies, if it is a
Debian-based system.  I don't know Xandros at all.  Try running this in
your Terminal:

sudo apt-get -f install

That should install all of the missing libs pd-extended needs.

.hc

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, potax flan wrote:

> thanks for your long and detailed answer kevin,
> i added repositories, pinned the system, managed to install tk8.4 and now pd
> (extended 0.40.3) loads with gui and all
> but it's missing libs still. pdp, pipid and gem. i will need gem (i know the
> eee is not the perfect machine, but it's really minor gem action).
> a friend managed to install hans' 0.39 deb package and gem works. is there a
> reason why gem shouldn't be properly installed using 0.40
> ?
> workarounds? should i uninstall 0.40 and reinstall 0.39? (and how?)
> best!

 	zen
 	   \
 	    \