[PD] Phase Distortion Patch

Uğur Güney ugurguney at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:05:10 CEST 2008

# Hi, while I was looking some examples for my chip design class I
came across with this site:
http://www.fpga.synth.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=FPGASynth.PhaseDistortionOscillator
where it talks about the idea of Phase Distortion Oscillator:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_distortion_synthesis
# I made a very simple implementation of it with Pure Data. (Actually
PD is very fast for realizing the ideas!) And want to share it.
# I am attaching the patch: PhaseDistortion.pd There are two tables
with the same length. First table includes the phase values of the sin
function, ie. if the n.th point in the first table has the value x_n
then n.th point in the second has the value of sin(2*pi*x_n). My patch
is not versatile. It has only one parameter for manipulating the first
table. You can change it with the slider and see its effects. (There
is some aliasing, because I did not used any interpolation for reading
from the table)
# Have a nice day!
-ugur-