[PD] HMM library - Chroma Analysys - Midifile dump (was: Midi File Playback)

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 23:46:50 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 1:27 PM,  <pd-list-request at iem.at> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Luigi Rensinghoff
> <luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de> wrote:
>> Seq works fine so far ... but...what about playback speed ??

I'm working on a score following toolkit using the GHMM library for
hidden markov models, and as part of it I wrote a simple object called
midiopen that takes a midifile and dumps all the data on its outlet.
There's a simple PD patch called midiplay.pd that uses the midiopen
object to play back a midifile using vline~ to schedule the whole
thing. So far I've just written it for my own use and it's very hacky
and I think it chokes on sysex messages, but feel free to check it
out. The chmm object is something I'm working on to allow the creation
of state machines with probabilistic emissions, and the selection of
the most likely state sequence given a system and a sequence of
emissions. It doesn't work yet, but it's a fun project. release early,
release often, right? Compiling the whole thing requires libfftw3 and
libghmm, but you can compile just the midiopen object without them.

for those interested, there's also an object called chroma~ in there
that takes audio input and each time it receives a bang spits out a
12-element list of how much energy it has received in each of the 12
half steps of western classical music since the last bang.

check it out with
svn co http://pdhmm.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pdhmm

to compile on linux just type "scons"
to compile on other platforms....I'm not sure.