[PD] pd clicking with jack/linux

patrick puredata at 11h11.com
Mon Jun 30 19:48:00 CEST 2008

hi,

i don't use pd-extended, but i think it's almost the same. the only
option missing is: -nosleep (useful for dual-core).

so be sure in qjackctl - setup:
Realtime
Periods/Buffer: 2
Sample Rate: 44100 (or more)
Frames/Period: 256 (i am running at 64 without glitches)

then for pd:
pd -rt -jack -r 44100 -nosleep -audiobuf 256 -channels 16 -alsamidi
-mididev 1 etc...

and finally, be sure to edit /etc/security/limits.conf:
@audio          -       rtprio          99
@audio          -       memlock         unlimited
@audio          -       nice            -20

and of course, add yourself to audio group (reboot to be sure). let us know.

ah yes, a long time ago i was using icewm, because gnome was causing
glitches in pd. but now it seems ok here.

pat