[PD] pd clicking with jack/linux

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jul 1 08:57:26 CEST 2008

And if waving a dead chicken over the laptop would have been empirically
proven before my own eyes to get better performance, I would have done
that too.

I don't remember how exactly I arrived at my choice of distro, kernel
flags, window manager or decision to run all critical audio apps as
root. Bad geek that I am. But I can say I spent a year (back when I was
a good geek and cared about this stuff) researching how to get the best
I could out of PD + Linux on my own hardware and for my own purposes,
and these are the things I learned. Laugh if you like.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 45: