[PD] Video with embedded audio track

Andre Cardozo cardozo.andre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:05:23 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I´m working on a project which requires some videos to be displayed on
screens, along with their corresponding soundtracks.

I do know how to use GEM to display and manipulate the videos, but as
far as I know GEM ignores the embedded audio tracks, as is a
visuals-only library.

So the questions are: is it possible to display/manipulate a video AND
its correspondent/embedded audio track together, maybe using another
library or objects? or do I have to extract the audio from the AVI
file, handle audio and video separately and synchronize them?

Thanks

Andre