[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc2 released

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 4 10:37:46 CEST 2008

Luke Iannini wrote:
> So, sorry to pick on the hexloader some more : ) but it seems it is
> the culprit.  Can anyone confirm?

it makes sense.

could you send me the complete output of the pd-console when loading
your patch with "-verbose". (might get big; so zip it and send it to me
privately; or put it somewhere online...)

i am not sure how to handle the problem generally yet.
ideas are:
- remove the recursive library search in hexloader (no more hexloading
for non-C externals; who is using that anyhow? libdir doesn't seem to
like hexloader so much anyhow)
- remove the the HEXLOADER_PATCHES functionality (it seems to be not
working anyhow)
- remove the entire hexloader quirks and just claim that you cannot
write objects with filenames containing special characters.

after all the endless struggles with hexloader, i start tending towards
the last one...

fgmasdr
IOhannes