[PD] How do I do this (clean looping)?!

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 5 10:42:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

    I'm building a little time domain abstraction that captures audio from an input and writes it on the fly to an array, this array is then beeing red continuously as a loop (as a result, the incoming sound seems to "freeze", see what I mean?). my problem is avoiding clicks at both ends of the loop; right now, I'm trying to use time based triggers to create a "windowing" function so that the amplitude of the loop is zero at both ends, butI was wondering if there was a way to tell pd to start and stop it's recording process at zero crossing points, or to truncate its reading points a bit so that the beginnig and the end of the loop are zero. Can anyone help me in this?!

Thanks a lot!!

D.S

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/