[PD] False flag of trojan in Pd

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 02:06:28 CEST 2008

I noticed this message on a public music related forum.

"been thinking of trying pure data again as last time i downloaded it
it infected my computer with a blade runner trojan
so uninstalled it
so yesterday started toying with the idea of trying it again as it seems pretty cool
so i did and again it installed anouther trojan
on my computer
i downloaded from the pd wiki the windows version
has anyone else had this problem or is it just me "

AFAIK this problem has been known for some time. Does anybody know the
particular virus checker that is falsely identifying Pd to be infected?
Has anybody contacted the manufacturers of this software?

a.

--
Use the source