[PD] mrpeach osc - pipelist question

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 6 02:22:48 CEST 2008

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Martin Peach hat gesagt: // Martin Peach wrote:
>
>> Strange I don't get that using Pd 0.40.3-extended-20080308, just using
>> the packOSC-help and routeOSC-help patches. I think maybe different
>> versions of pd differ in their use of the 'list' selector.
>
> That would be a desaster.
>
> I checked pipelist.c, and it doesn't have a method for "anythings", so
> it cannot handle meta-mnessages.

True, but [pipelist] has a list method and [routeOSC] outputs lists, or
a symbol if there are no arguments following an OSC path.
I can't reproduce the original problem here, at least with the latest
versions of these objects, except by sending a [/test( message to
[pipelist], which is not the right way to use it. That doesn't work with
[pipe] either. Maybe a [pipeanything]?

Martin