[PD] mrpeach osc - pipelist question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jul 6 22:09:29 CEST 2008

Hallo,
zmoelnig at iem.at hat gesagt: // zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Quoting Martin Peach <martin.peach at sympatico.ca>:
> > I'm getting the feeling that list is becoming deprecated in favour of
> > meta-messages, since the 'list' selector is redundant. Is that right?
>
> no, it's just something different.

They are very different, and how different meta-messages and
list-messages are can be seen clearly by seding a "list set a" message
and a "set a" message to a message-object like [$1 $2(.

It's not that one can be replaced by the other or that one is becoming
redundant. One could argue, that they were redundant in the first
place, but it's too late. ;)

Ciao