[PD] [PD-dev] [range] from maxlib

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jul 7 17:47:34 CEST 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Luke Iannini wrote:

> And, the second answer is other-language (e.g. Python) style
> reorganization of libraries to be author-agnostic - ordered by
> functionality.  But, this requires a Organization Czar, it seems, and
> maybe no one is ready to be that person yet, so, until then, such
> helper-objects must stay in the homes of their authors for there's
> nowhere else to put them.  (also, I think in this case, since
> grid-operators in GF have the #-prefix, those objects without the prefix
> are clearly distinguished as "generic helpers")

They aren't necessarily generic helpers. For example, two of the three
HPGL-handling classes don't start with "#" (nor with "gf.") and they don't
anything that makes sense to a patch that doesn't deal with HPGL plotters.
This is because it's easier to get stuff installed if I don't make a new
library for each topic. Making separate libraries doesn't make my life any
easier in any other aspect.

I don't know why this discussion gets moved to pd-list instead of pd-dev.
Not particularly against it, but I don't see the point.