[PD] best way to do 1/x

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jul 9 04:24:44 CEST 2008

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, PSPunch wrote:

> I've never noticed send/receive causing unpredictable execution order.
> Can someone show me an example of under what circumstances this occurs
> so I can avoid future head aches?

all cases. the receivers are ordered in the order that they are created.
if you are currently editing a patch, this is likely to be different from
the order that it will be when you will reload the patch. the only way to
change the order is to recreate the receivers in the correct order, but
really, you should seek a more transparent way of doing things. For
example, if [r $0-stuff] has to be received in two distinct phases, make a
splitter that uses a [t a a] from [r $0-stuff] to [s $0-stuff-1] and [s
$0-stuff-2] so that all receivers that need the information early use
$0-stuff-1 and the ones that need it late use $0-stuff-2.