[PD] best way to do 1/x

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jul 9 07:57:19 CEST 2008

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, PSPunch wrote:

> I was imagining rather a single send/receive pair messing around with
> execution order of data entering at once.

This does not happen except for the confusion that is caused by creating
those invisible wires across parts of the programme that are presumed to
not communicate just because one expects everything to go through [inlet]s
and [outlet]s. Even when everything goes through [inlet]s and [outlet]s,
there's a fair chance of getting confused on some things sometimes,
because visible connections aren't always so visible. Sometimes a
connection looks like an actual togetherness, and sometimes it just looks
like a line among too many. It's a matter of obfuscation.

I'd rather use almost exclusively [inlet] and [outlet] as means of
organising patches, instead of [s]/[r] all over the place, and then I'd
use [s]/[r] only in simple patterns that are made as local as possible.
This is because it makes programs more obvious.