[PD] compiling pd-extended ubuntu hardy amd64

Sergi Lario slario at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:26:44 CEST 2008

Hello!

2008/7/9 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> On Jul 8, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Sergi Lario wrote:
>
> I get some errors trying to compile pd-extended in a ubuntu hardy amd64.
>
> I did this steps:
>
> 1.- Get pd-extended trunk code via svn
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ svn co
> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/ ./
>
> 2.- Get Gem code from
>
> http://gem.iem.at/
>
> and copy the content
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ cp /home/sll/Escriptori/gem-0.91.1.tar.gz
> ./
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ tar xzvf gem-0.91.1.tar.gz
>
> 3.- Rename floder to Gem
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ mv gem-0.91.1 Gem
>
> 4.- Compile pd-extended
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended/packages/linux_make$ sudo make install
>
> While I was getting errors I modifyed some code and install libs like this:
>
> A. add -fPIC to c-flags in gem2pdp
> B. install libswscale-dev
> C add -fPIC to miXed for cyclone - sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended/externals/miXed$
> vim Makefile.common
>
> After each point I tried to compile another time with make install
>
> At the moment I get this errors and I don't know how follow with it.
>
> /home/pd-extended/externals/iem/hdspm_mixer/hdspmmixer.c:99: avís: unused
> parameter 'x'
> install: ha fallat stat() sobre
> «/home/pd-extended/externals/moocow/extended/build.moo/ext*/*.pd»: No such
> file or directory
> install: ha fallat stat() sobre
> «/home/pd-extended/externals/pmpd/*.pd_linux»: No such file or directory
> make[2]: [pmpd_install] Error 1 (ignored)
> install: ha fallat stat() sobre
> «/home/pd-extended/externals/pidip/*.pd_linux»: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [pidip_install] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [externals_install] Error 2
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> (* avís = warning  ,  ha fallat = has failed)
>
> If somebody knows anything about it, please let me know.
>

> The "No such file or directory" errors probably mean that those objects
> failed to build, for whatever reason.  I would start with just "make".  Then
> you'll see the build errors more easily.  If "make" works, then try "make
> install".

Indeed, the binaries are not created. In the second
message<http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-07/063706.html>is
reported to alter the files to achieve the compilation.

> Also, you really shouldn't be building using "sudo" or as root.  It could
> easily go crazy and mess your system up.

;)

> As for the other changes, it would be good to submit patches of those
> changes so that they can be included in the various library.  I wouldn't
> commit them directly, unless you have already talked to the developer whose
> files they are.
>
> .hc

I think sended the second post to the list of developers as well. It's best
to send an email to each developer of the extrnals which I've made changes?

So far I have tried gem, pdp, pidip and everything works quite well.

Sergi.